National Grid – Help Me Activate
Activating National Grid Service
National Grid is electricity and gas utility company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. They have U.S. company that operates in the northeastern part of the United States offering service to residents in: Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, and Rhode Island. You do not have to activate the service yourself. All you have to do is call and provide an address in the service area to establish service. There may be some cases where a deposit is required to start service. A technician will not usually have to come inside your home to turn on the service. If you have issues after becoming a customer, here is all the customer service information you will need.
National Grid Contact Info
The only phone numbers we were able to find were listed as a 24/7 line to report gas outages, leaks, or other emergencies.
- Massachusetts: 1-800-233-5325
- New Hampshire: 1-800-833-4200
- Metro New York: 1-718-643-4050
- Long Island, New York: 1-800-490-0045
- Upstate New York: 1-800-892-2345
- Rhode Island: 1-800-640-1595
National Grid – Customer CorrespondencePO Box 1040Northborough, MA 01532-4040
- GooglePlus:[+]The UK company is on Google Plus, but the US subsidiary does not appear to be as of December 2013.
- Twitter: [+]National Grid USA is on Twitter to help keep customers up to date with service issues and safety information.
- Facebook: [+]National Grid USA is on Facebook to help keep customers up to date with service issues and safety information.
Activation Assistance for National Grid Service
You should not have to activate your own service. If you have issues with your service after you have it established at your home or business, call customer service for assistance. They can send a technician out if necessary.